Total Time: 2.30 hours
· Chicken drumsticks (chicken legs without thigh section) 8
· Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
· Ginger 1 inch piece
· Garlic 6 cloves
· Green chillies 4-6
· Skimmed milk yogurt 1 cup
· Gram flour (besan) 2 tablespoons
· Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
· Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
· Salt to taste
· Chaat masala 2 teaspoons
· Lemon cut into wedges for garnish
· Onion rings for garnish
· Oil 3 tablespoons
· Clean and trim excess fat and skin from the drumsticks. Dry them with a clean and absorbent kitchen towel. Make three to four long deep incisions.
· Apply lemon juice and keep aside. Peel ginger and garlic, wash and grind them to a paste. Wash green chillies, remove stem and chop finely.
· Hang skimmed milk yogurt for fifteen to twenty minutes to drain off excess water.
· Roast gram flour in a microwave bowl on Microwave LOW (50%) for five minutes stirring twice in between. Cool and mix with hung yogurt, ginger and garlic paste, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, salt and chopped green chillies.
· Marinate chicken drumsticks in above mixture and refrigerate for one to two hours. Preheat Convection oven to 220°C.
· Place marinated chicken drumsticks on a flat dish and roast for five minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce oven temperature to Convection 180°C and further cook for fifteen to twenty minutes or till completely cooked.
· Turn drumsticks couple of times to ensure even cooking and colour. Serve hot sprinkled with chaat masala, onion rings and lemon wedges.