Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Herb Rice
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 20gm butter
- 1 clove of garlic(minced)
- 1 ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- ½ tsp. white pepper powder
Ingredients for Scrambled Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Garlic Crouton
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ clove of a garlic(minced)
- 1 ½ slices of French bread(3/4 inches thick) cut into cubes/ rounds
- Melt the butter in a skillet on a low flame.
- Add the garlic and stir it for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Mix in salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried parsley, chilli flakes and fresh coriander.
- Herb rice is ready to be served.
- Begin warming your pan: Place the pan over low heat on your stove. Add a teaspoon of butter and let it begin to melt while you whisk the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs together: Crack all the eggs into a bowl. Whisk them vigorously until the whites and yolks are completely mixed, and the eggs are a bit frothy.
- Season the eggs: Whisk the salt and a few grinds of pepper into the eggs. Add a tablespoon of cream or milk. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the eggs into the pan. The eggs will spread out in a thin layer — that’s fine.
- Cook the eggs for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir the eggs occasionally with a spatula. At first the eggs will be very liquid like; then you’ll notice large, opaque curds starting to form. Eventually, the eggs will no longer run in to fill the gaps when you stir. Frequent stirring will give you smaller curds; stirring less frequently will give you larger, irregular curds. Continue cooking until the eggs are as soft or as firm as you like them.
- Remove the eggs from heat slightly before they’re done: The eggs will continue cooking for a minute or two off the heat, so remove them when they’re almost — but not quite — as cooked as you like them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add bread cubes/rounds and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp and dry. Check frequently to prevent burning. Cool.
- Serve with Herb Rice and Scrambled Eggs.