Yield: Serves 4
Total time: 1 hour
- Hilsa fish 4 pieces
- Black Mustard paste
- Curd 1 cup
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Poppy Seed paste 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 Tsp
- Green Chili 4
- Red Chili Powder ½ Tsp
- Mustard Oil 6 tablespoon
- Hot charcoal
- Rub fish pieces with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and leave those for 10 minutes.
- Mix the mustard paste, curd, coconut milk, poppy seed, salt, slit green chillies, red chilli powder and 4 tablespoon of mustard oil to prepare the marinade.
- Smoke the raw fish by keeping a hot charcoal in its vessel and pouring 2 tablespoons of mustard oil over it. Cover the vessel and smoke for 15 minutes.
- Cover the fish in the marinade and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Take a Microwave safe dish, add the marinated fish, a cup of water and Cook in High Temperature for 5 minutes and then in 40% temperature for around 25 minutes.
- After it is cooked, serve with steamed rice.