Yield: Serves 4
Total time: 2 hours
- 1 kg boneless chicken cubes
- Ginger garlic paste 4 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar 2 tablespoon
- Roasted white sesame seeds 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- ½ cup corn flour
- Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Corn starch 2 tablespoons
- 1 large or 2 small green capsicum, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- Grated garlic 2 tablespoons
- Grated ginger 2 tablespoons
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Chilli flakes 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup 3 tablespoons
- Soya sauce 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- White pepper powder 1teaspoon
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- Lemon rind grated 1 teaspoon
- Oil for frying and gravy
- Marinate the chicken in ginger garlic paste, one tablespoon of lemon juice, half of the vinegar, black pepper powder and salt for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add 1 beaten egg, roasted white sesame seeds and ½ a cup of corn flour to the marinade and massage the chicken. Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken cubes in vegetable oil.
- For the gravy, heat oil in a skillet and sauté the grated garlic, grated ginger, onions and green chillies.
- Sautee the capsicum as well.
- Add the remaining vinegar, salt, white pepper, sugar, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and chilli flakes.
- Add the fried chicken and toss everything well.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the chicken stock and pour it in.
- After the gravy has thickened, add the remaining lemon juice and the lemon rind through it.
- Garnish with toasted white sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with fried rice, herb rice, jasmine rice or plain rice.
- For the recipe of herb rice, click here.