Yield: Serves 5
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Slice Bread
- Grated cheese 1 cup
- Oregano 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream ½ cup
- Paneer (cottage cheese) 200 grams
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies 2-3
- Onion cut into strips 1 medium
- Tomato cut into strips 1 medium
- Green capsicum cut into strips 1/2 medium
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chillies chopped 2
- Ginger cut into juliennes 1 inch
- Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander sprigs 10-12
- Hot and sour sauce ½ cup
- Trim the sides of the bread cut them into two halves and toast them until crispy golden brown. You can also deep fry them.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, red chillies and sauté till cumin seeds are brown.
- Cut cottage cheese into batons.
- Add onion, tomato and capsicum strips to the pan and toss.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies and ginger. Toss to mix.
- Add vinegar and toss again. Add tomato sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add cottage cheese batons, salt and garam masala powder and toss to mix.
- Chop coriander sprigs and add. Mix well and give it a toss.
- Coat one side of the toasted bread slice with hot and sour sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over it.
- Put the paneer jhal freizi on top of it and sprinkle some oregano over the filling.
- Put a generous layer of grated cheese.
- Bake in the microwave until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.